Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 16/12/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:44 pm

December 14
Reports are suggesting with every passing day the Tuna and Mackerel are on the improve, with a few Spainish and Spotties around the Gneerings and Coolum Reef. There are still plenty of grassy's around the inside reefs. The reports for the last week have all been from the inside reefs and leading to the full moon has seen improvement in catches when the sea's are favourable.
A neat burley trail has been working for the school mackerel and a very slow troll for spotties and spanish have worked well. Small slimies and Rapala X-Raps have worked well. Floating a large pilly out the back is also another good option. The Mackerel seem to be timid and wire is not advised but may be needed. The small Sea Rock Ultra Flash lures from River2Sea Australiaproved to be a cracking slug style lure last year for the tuna. So give it a good crack this year. 14g slug proved to be the ultimate size and Pink was the colour of choice.
there are certainly a lot of Mudcrabs getting around and that's no secret judging by the number of crabpots soaking in our rivers at the moment and i myself even got three keepers over the weekend.
The fishing in the rivers will also be good i predict over the coming week as its full moon tonight and i do like to fish the back of the full moon, early morning and late afternoon are my best bet for fish feeding activity and at this stage conditions look glorious for the next few days.

December 15
Fishing report continue to flood in about Mackerel along our coast and let me asure you that you don't nessisarily need to go far as one report that came in yesterday afternoon stated that some big Spainish were Destroying Baitfish about 50m back from the Shark nets at Alexandra Headlands and there has also been reports of Spainish and Spotties being taken at the Gneerings and around the Blinker.
In the River there have been Herring schooling up and some good GT's and Golden Trevally taken around on them used as live-bait along with Mangrove jack at night on the top of the tide using the same technique.
The gutters along the beaches have been producing some good quality Summer Whiting and Dart on our top Quality "Sure Strike" beach worms and there is always the chance of a big Pelagic(Mackerel,Tuna ETC) if you can get a live-bait under a balloon out past the break or off Point Cartwright rocks as these early morning Westerlies will take your bait out where you want it.
Liam got this nice Spainish at the Gneerings Shoals.
Kawana15.jpg

December 16
Kawana beach has seen anglers catching a few bigger Dart and the odd "Elbow-Slapper Whiting" and some nice Bream and in the river there have been GT's slicing up the Bait fish around the mouth of the Mooloolaba river and the Trawler moorings and there are heaps of herring in the river at the moment and you can't past them for a Mangrove Jack bait.
These School Mackerel that were caught at Bribie Island by Dave who caught these every day last week and here are just a couple he took home for a feed.
Kawana16.jpg

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au