Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 23/12/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:39 am

December 21
Our fishing report today starting with Off-shore which is very exciting with mutiple reports of Spainish and Spotty Mackerel being caught in close over the last couple of days with the latest catch being a 10kg Spainish taken on a deep diver just off the heads as a man and his kids were heading for the gneerings for a Quick fish, the funny thing is the fish would not fit in their esky so they had to turn around and come beck in never actually having made it to their destination, but it was a great catch and congratulations to all the fisherman and Women involved.
the beaches have been producing a few bigger Dart and Whiting and the rivers have equally exciting with Mangrove jacks being taken at the Weir off Kawana way and in the upper reacheds of the Mooloolah river and around the bridges, early morning is the best from reports and live-baits or well placed plastics being used to produce the best fish.

December 22
The rivers fishing well from reports with Mangrove Jacks, Trevally and Bream reportedly on the chew around the bridges at high tide(my pick will be the really early morning hightides over the next couple of days if you get a chance) with live-baits and plastics like the 4 inch Zman StreakZ Curly-tailZ flicked arounf the bridges on the hightide early morning.
the Beaches maybe pretty rough over the weekend but if it does drop off a little and your willing to have a go i haveit on good authority that there are good numbers of beachworms along Kawana beach and if you can get a couple they are one of the best baits for the Whiting and dart that they have been catching along the beach there over the last week.

December 23
The New Moon is coming up on Thursday and i like to fish that time of the Moon phase.
The Mackerel are certainly here and they are still catching some good numbers of Snapper out wide on places like The Hards and The Barwon Banks but these places will most likely be off limits for the next few days due to strong winds and rough seas, so i would be dropping the Crab pots in as there have been lots of big tasty Mudcrabs being caught in our waterways lately.
Other target speices around lately in our rivers have been Mangrove Jack GT's(Giant Trevally),Bigeye Trevally Golden Trevally, Some Quality Javelin(both Barred and silver,Make sure you know how to tell the difference as they have different size limits)and lots of bream.

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au