Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 20/1/17

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:43 pm

January 18
Offshore there have been a few fish taken with the usual suspects being Spainish Mackerel early morning on Coolum reef and a report of a mixed bag of Snapper Tuskie and Pearl Perch taken on the outside of the Barwon Banks, there was also a report of a few Mackerel and Wahoo getting around at the caloundra 9 and 12 mile.Burley on a spot where some bait are showing has been fruitful with some squire, parrot and grassies boated. The rivers and estuaries are working well on the change of the high tide. Big whiting and good flathead are regularly caught in the Mooloolah River with Bream a mainstay catch and some good trevalley caught in the early hours and tidal change.
Looks like the weather will be three things over the next few days Hot,Humid and Windy, but there should be a bit of rain around from tomorrow onwards that even if it doesn't cool things off as much as we would like to it will give the fishing a boost and may even get us catching a crab or two over the weekend.
Our photo's for this afternoon were sent in by Chris who's boat got this lovely 107cm Yellow-tail Kingfish yesterday saying "we had to work hard for them but we made it work" and then we have a tasty little Tuskfish that was taken on our inner Reefs yesterday morning amoungst a mixed bag of reefies that Steven got.
Kawana18Tusk.jpg
Kawana18King.jpg

January 19
The sports fish have been firing with a lot of boats catching Mahi Mahi(Dolphinfish),Black Marlin,Wahoo and Spainish Mackerel as the warm waters continue to flow along our coast. These low-light conditions can also be a great time to go and chase esurary speicies such as Giant Trevally and Flathead on Plastics. This first pic was sent in to us by Lee who is very proud of his son Jack who caught this solid Mangrove Jack off the pontoon at the back of their place on a live Gar. The other pics are of Jack with a crackin Wahoo he took on a trip out with Chris the other day, then this awesome Red Emperor that Brad got out at the Barwon Banks yesterday!
KawanaJan19.jpg
KawanaJan19Wahoo.jpg
KawanaJan19Red.jpg

January 20
I am Keen to go and chace some Flathead in the rivers this weekend so will be fishing the run-in tide to morrow morning with plastic and if that does not work i am heading to my favourite whiting spot to see if i can catch lunch. This photo was sent into us by Dylan who had a great morning out off Point Cartwright with Jack getting stuck into some Grassy Sweetlip yesterday with a few legal fish being caught but only one being taken home for a feed being this 50cm fish caught on a Pilchard.
KawanaJan20Grassy.jpg

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au