Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 1/2/17

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:56 pm

January 27
The Fish have been active where ever you go over the last few days from big Whiting and Bream along our Beaches to some nice Flathead and Trevally being caught at "The Basin",along the Mooloolah river mouth rockwall to out off the rocks at Point Cartwright, the odd nice Mangrove Jack has been caught in the Deeper holes under Bridges and pontoons.
The first photo is of my partner and I. We caught these fish we caught at the Northern end of the Barwon Banks yesterday and she out-fished me again with this solid Blue Venus Tuskfish measuring 58cm and the Moses Perch on the right went 54cm, which is i think the biggest one i have ever caught and last but not least a 55cm Snapper which there were plenty around the 35-40cm mark but we threw the smaller ones back.
The second photo shows our catch for a full day off-shore from the Sunshine Coast
The last photo is of Phil Sweet with a cracking Spottie out off the Sunshine Coast. He said there were tons of them out there.
Kawana27.jpg
Kawana27Dead.jpg
Kawana27Spot.jpg

January 31
The sun is out and the school mackerel are in better numbers with spotties also becoming more prolific. Spanish are still rogue and not schooling in good numbers. The reef is working well for tusk fish and James picked up a few good fish at The Hards as well.
The rivers have fished well for whiting. The best bait has been blood worms in the upper reaches of the Mooloolah and Maroochy for the large whiting. Flathead are being caught regularly as well with large prawns, mullet fillet the better bait with soft plastics taking it to another level.
Our first photo is of Sarah and Wayne with a couple of snapper from the Hards. The next two photos are from Carl, with just a couple of the great fish he and his crew caught on a trip out from Noosa.
Kawana31.jpg
Kawana31Red.jpg
Kawana31cod.jpg

February 1
There are reports of a few good schools of Spottie and Schoolie mackerel getting around and on the bottom good numbers of Tuskies have been reported being caught as well. the rivers have seen some good sized bream Whiting and flathead along LaBalsa park and i saw a photo today of a 42cm Mangrove jack that was taken the other night on the top of the tide on a peeled prawnnear the Parreara Channel bridges.
Here is a pic of a nice Schoolie Jack got just out the front off point cartwright.
February1School.jpg

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au