Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 3/2/17

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:44 pm

February 2
Barramundi season opened at midday yesterday and i have already seen a picture of an awesome Sunny Coast Barra caught last night at an undisclosed location. I have received reports once again that there have been spottie and Schoolie mackerel, plus the odd mac tuna, in amoungst the bait schools just off Point Cartwright. There are reports of a few good Whitng and dart being caught along the beach.
Pic 1: Lee and Liam got the massive 1.5m Wahoo at the Gneerings on the weekend on a Halco hardbody lure.
Pic 2: Brad got these nice Grassy Sweetlip off Mooloolaba on a trip for his birthday, love the birthday cake in the background.
Pic 3: a nice Spotty Mackerel caught just out off Point Cartwright by angler Peter.
February2Hoo.jpg
February2Grassies.jpg
February2Mack.jpg

February 3
Shiny Slugs and light Spinning outfits producing bag-out quantities of Spotty Mackerel for some over the past few days, i have also seen multiple photo's of Sunshine Coast Barramundi caught over the last couple of days since the season opened on the 1st of Feburary with large live baits worked close to structure producing most of the fish. There have been some good catches of Bream along the LaBalsa park stretch of the Mooloolah river and some solid GT's taken on Stickbaits from the rocks and there is an abundance of beach worms along Kawana beach which are great for the Whiting and dart on the run-in tide there.

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au