Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 24/2/17

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:16 pm

February 22
After these South-Easterly winds drop off we should see a major increase in Mackerel being caught. In the rivers this weekend i plan to chase a few Flathead as there have been plenty of good fish being caught lately on Plastics mainly but also dead baits and livies. We are heading for the New Moon Monday next week which should also mean fishing the hightide at night with livebaits should put you in with a chance a Mangrove Jack. This photo is from Megan whose 6yo son got this awesome 48cm Dusky Flathead on the weekend.
KawanaFeb22.jpg

February 23
After we have had a good drop of rain, which we are expecting over the next week, the pelagic season should really kick off as well as all other aspects of our recreational fishing play ground. I have spoken to a few people today about there fishing trips off shore on monday and tuesday and there have been some exciting stories of Spainish Mackerel being on the bite at first light around the gneerings on trolled Live-baits. Spottie Mackerel are in Good numbers at Point Arkwright Off Coolum Beach and Point Cartwright near the shark nets, with first light and last light being the best.
There have been quite a few reports of some nice catches of Flathead around the sand bars and flats and the Prawns are starting to show up with hard working cast netters being rewarded with a few kilos of prawns for their trouble.
After taking my son for a little flick on monday afternoon after school this 40cm Dusky Flathead fell victim on my second cast at Picnic Point boat ramp on the last of the run-in tide to a 5g, 90mm blue Zerek Live Flash Minnow. A beautiful little fish that was safely released.
KawanaFeb23FlatReel.jpg

February 24
As we approach the darkside of the moon (New Moon) on monday and the tides get bigger the fishing should really start to get better. Remember, even if you don't get out off-shore as conditions for the most part may be a little undesirable for the next little while that the river fishing should be great over the comming week as well, i expect to see great catches caught over the weekend with the big tides and folks who fish across the hightide at night this weekend stand a good chance of being richly rewarded, keep your livies live and you bait fresh and you can't go wrong.

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au