Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 9/3/17

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:11 pm

March 8
There have been plenty of Flathead being caught around and i have been getting reports of some quality Giant Trevally being caught around the Mooloolah river on everything from live bait s and dead baits to plastics and surface lures.
Here's a pic of some of the fish we got on my trip to The Barwon Banks and The Hards on Saturday. After a 15.5 hour day on the water we came home with plenty to smile about with Snapper, Tuskfish, Pearl perch, Moses Perch, Redthroat ,Sweetlip and Cod amoungst the tasty fish that were shared up amoungst the Four fishers. Our next photo is of a horse of a Sand Whiting that was sent in to us by Megan. it measured 40cm and was caught at Caloundra on Sunday morning.
KawanaMar8.jpg
KawanaMar8b.jpg

March 9
We look like having a few more windy days ahead, with the next workable weather for off-shore fishing looking to be maybe Sunday when the Northerlies are expected to return. However river fishing will be my best bet for the coming week with lots of reports of Flathead Whiting and Bream as well as Trevally getting around in good numbers if you know when,where and how to fish for them.
This first photo was sent into us by Jack who has been having a great time catching Giant Trevally around our local area recently. I got a couple of nice fish around the 50-60cm mark on surface lures and plastics over the last week. For anyone who has ever fished for these fish on surface lures or plastics the visual aspect is just mindblowing, adding yet another exciting facet to an already very exciting sports fish.
The second photo is of a beautiful Spottie mackerel taken by By Chris Maier around the Gneerings.
KawanaMar9a.jpg
KawanaMar10.jpg

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au