Weekly Report 28/03/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:48 am

Water level current: 44.7 %
Water level: 19/03/14 44.7 %
Rain last 7 days = 57 mm
Current discharge: 383 ML per day.
Current inflow: 383 ML per day.
Water visibility: up to 2.0 metres in main basin
Forecast Weather: Rain Thursday & Friday, mostly sunny Saturday, late shower Sunday. Very light winds -5. Temps between 14 & 26 deg C. Very light winds on both days
New Moon = Mar 31st, Full Moon = April 15
Water Temperature: 22- 24 deg

Murray Cod
The fishing was a bit quiet in general over the weekend. There were only a couple of reports filtering in of captures with a lot of fishermen going home with a big 0. Cod were not one of the target species in the Pirtek Challenge.

Yellow Belly
Reports were a little better. Saturday fishing results seemed better than Sunday for the challenge. Andrew from Harden landed 2 crackers on Saturday measuring in at 62 & 65 cm. Andrew picked these up around the trees at Scrubby while casting Jackalls. There were a few fish also caught on spinner baits. Shrimp continue to do the job for the bait fishermen off the trees in the deeper water. I managed one fish in the challenge on the black gulp grubs, also had a post on our Facebook page of some success using the pumpkin seed colour.

Redfin
Had a few caught this week on bait, Yabbies, Shrimp, Worms. The biggest was about 35cm. There are still a few being picked up on the troll on all sorts of lures. I managed to locate a school on Sunday afternoon in about 8 metres of water. I landed 20 fish in just over an hour using 3lb braid & 4 lb. leader and a 50 mm paddle tail plastic. Good fun. Most of the fish were around 30 cm. I lost the real big one at the boat while I was reaching for the net and got snapped off by something big.

Trout
No reports

Park News
We are undergoing a small name change. State Park is to be changed to Holiday Park. A new better web site is also under construction. Burrinjuck is one of 9 Inland Waters Holiday Parks.

Dean Brind
Manager Burrinjuck Waters State Park