JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
Ph: 03 5033 0407
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 23/3/18

Post by Nicole Penfold » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:38 pm

Last weekend we a had a very indifferent weekend of fishing in the area compared to the previous 8-10 weeks,with very few fish caught on the saturday and the sunday.A good example was the Murrabit Cod Classic which only measured 18 fish ,which is highly unusual for tha area,but it was a crap weekend weather wise.

The weather forcecast for swan hill leading into easter is going to be great and the murray is currently sitting at 1.22m and should stay around that.

The Wakool and Edward rivers are both expecting a rise before easter, which is not before time,and should improve the fishing.

THE MURRAY RIVER:
- Starting to get reports of a few cod around the 80cm to a mtr+ getting caught in the Mildura area on lures,but they are very few.
- A comp was held at Nagiloc last weekend where 3 cod to 55cm were measured and a bucket load of yellas were caught.
- Darren Neil sent me a photo of a 70cm he caught at Boundary Bend last weekend and his wife caught a 57cm and a 65cm,all fish were caught and cheese and worms.Its good to see some reasonable cod getting caught in that area.
- The Tooleybuc area has been pretty consistent over the past month with two boats landing several large cod to 90+cm on oargees and stumpjumpers last friday afternoon.
- And it is the same in the Nyah/Vinifera area with some sizeable cod taking black/purple,black/pink and black/yellow lures and a few have been taking bardi grubs and yabbies.
- Samara Thompson sent me a photo of a nice yella she caught here at Swan Hill and and even though it was a bit slow last weekend,there were a few cod caught on lures and bait,with a metre cod at Pental Island last sunday afternoon.With the barometer sitting at 1020 today and should rise as we get into next week,I would expect the cod will be back on the bite like they have been.
- The Murrabit comp didn't result it a lot of fish being measured last weekend but I would expect that to change.

THE WAKOOL RIVER:
- Barnsy reports that a few fish are getting caught in the area mainly on bait in both the Wakool and Edward rivers and the impending rise should spark things up a bit.

THE EDWARD RIVER:
- The river at Moulamien is rising as is the Billabong and some good size yellas are getting caught on yabbies and scrubworms,along with the odd cod.

KANGAROO LAKE:
- A few redfin have been picked up on the west side of the lake on minnows,small yabbies and worms.

## Extended Hours at Easter:
- Thur 7-30 till 6-30
- Fri 7-30 till 7-30
- Sat/Sun normal hours.

### BAIT- I will have plenty if bardi grubs,yabbies,scrubworms and nightcrawlers.

#### Boating Safety-Victorian Fishery Officers now have the power to book people for any boat safety breaches,so make sure you have all the requirements and your inflatable life jacket has been serviced with the required time frame-its a $260 fine of EACH jacket that is out of service.

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable easter break and treat your campsite as you would your own own and DONT leave fires unattended.

I hope to see heaps of reports/photos over the easter break -JC

JC's Bait & Tackle
488 Campbell St
Swan Hill VIC 3585
03 5033 0407

JCSmallCod.jpg
Darren Neil's 70cm Boundary Bend cod.

JCYella.jpg
Samara Thompson's Swan Hill yella.