Water Tower Bait & Tackle
10 Ernest St, Manly
Ph: (07) 3396 1833
www.watertowerbaitandtackle.com

Spero: sperok@ozemail.com.au
Spray rig

Re: Report 22/6/18

Post by Spray rig » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:34 pm

Hey Spero , saw you out there today squiding .a quick question i was having trouble getting to the bottom in that depth with the current. Only managed one arrow on a pillie jig with a pea sinker, do you use a sinker on a squid jig or just cast into the drift and retrive ? Going out again tomorrow for another try.thanks for all the informative and honest reports really gives us beginners a great starting point .spray rig

sperok
Reporter

Re: Report 22/6/18

Post by sperok » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:31 pm

should have come over to say hi.glad you like the reports .i have a thumb nail sinker above the jig so jig to a snap swivel then sinker let it go to the bottom next to the boat no casting , and then give it a tug to jump of the bottom every couple of minutes the cuttlefish are buggers most times they grab the jig from the side but if you pull it up slowly you can net them easy enough. the sinker above does not bother them at all.
the arrows grab it pretty well but watch the cuttlefish ink they can turn their spout backwards ..but at least they taste good..come say hi next time
let me know how you go