Report 17/12/17

Post by Nicole Penfold » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:10 am

Current discharge: 2913 ML per day.
Water level 17/12/17: 70%
21000 ML 7 days
Current inflow: 1624 ML per day.
Water level 06/11/17: 66.5 %
Water visibility: 2 metres, main basin

Forecast Weather: Mild for the week with highest temps reaching 28 dc. Chance of showers most days.

New Moon = Dec 18th Full Moon = Jan 2nd Water Temperature: 24 deg C

Murray Cod: The reports have once again fluctuated with the cod going of the bite for several days at a time. Friday Saturday were quite again however we have had a flurry of reports from fishermen leaving today. The biggest official capture for the week was a 105 cm (name withheld) the group caught 15 cod during their stay. Today we have had a 90cm & 96 cm most of these fish are being caught on spinner baits with one also off the surface last night. It has been quiet midweek, I managed my first for a while on Tuesday landing a 66cm on a chatter bait, also had another fish hit a cast chatter bait 1metre under the boat, smaller fish and he only grabbed the tail. I have also heard a rumour of a 140cm fish this week, second hand and no photo as yet.

Yellow belly: Been tough from all accounts, the general consensus is “there is to much food out there”. The shrimp are back this year and there is schools of redfin and Gudgeons to feed on. The yellows have also been on and off the bite. I had schools on the sounder around timber at 5 metres this week but couldn’t get a hit on the cast lures.

Redfin: Plenty being caught last week, a lot on the troll. The size of the fish is up this year.

Rainbow Trout: None this week

Park News: The fire ban is now in place for the park until further notice usually March/ April.

Park access hours: access to the park will be limited to those with a prior booking between 10pm and 5am until further notice.

Upcoming Events:
The Australian Yellow Belly Champs 17th & 18th March 2018. Staged from the park
National Carp Control Plan Community Briefing Session
Date: Monday 18th of December 2017
Time: 6pm – 8pm
Venue: Goulburn Soldier's Club, 15 Market Street, Goulburn
All welcome to attend

Dean Brind
Manager
Reflections Holiday Park Burrinjuck Waters
Ph: 02 62278114
manager@burrinjuckwaters.com.au